Elections that Shaped the American Presidency
To learn more and to register, please visit: www.mountvernon.org/gwsymposium
As our nation approaches its next presidential election, the 2020 George Washington Symposium focuses on several pivotal contests throughout American history that shaped and defined the election process and the American Presidency.
Each day at noon during the week of October 26-30, we will feature a LIVE conversation with an eminent scholar to explore elections during Washington’s lifetime and key elections that followed, including those from the Civil War era, the depths of the Great Depression, and the volatile mid-twentieth century.
- Monday: Running for Office before the Revolution: George Washington’s First Elections with David O. Stewart
- Tuesday: America’s First Presidential Elections, from Washington to Jefferson with Jeffrey L. Pasley
- Wednesday: Lincoln’s Two Elections and the American Civil War with Elizabeth R. Varon
- Thursday: The Election of 1932: Washington’s Bicentennial and FDR’s Triumph with Donald Ritchie
- Friday: The Election of 1960 and the Birth of the Modern Campaign with Alan Price
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/mountvernon/message
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/mountvernon/support